For a dependable, trustworthy cleaning and maid service company to clean your home in Mesa, AZ 85205 and get the peace of mind you deserve, with our 24 Hour Cleaning Guarantee!
Clean a Blender
By Sarah Aguirre,
- Bullet Blender
- Discount Vita Mix Blender
- Osterizer Blender
- Kitchen Aid Blender Parts
- Vitamix Blender
I love my smoothies. Fresh blueberries, mixed with yogurt and ice make a tasty treat. Sometimes, I'll even add a hand full of walnuts. What I don't like, is trying to get bits of blueberry and walnut out of my blender. Here are a few easy steps to get your blender clean.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Take the blender apart.
Remove the blender from the base. Remove the lid. Unscrew the bottom component, being careful with the blade. Remove the gasket seal and the blade.
- Wash the jar.
The jar of the blender is the main portion and where most of the cleaning will need to happen. Use warm soapy water and a dish rag or sponge. Rinse thoroughly. Dry carefully. The jar of the blender can also be washed in the dishwasher on the top rack, although hand washing is faster and reduces the risk of breakage and scratching.
- Wash the other small pieces.
The gasket seal, cutting blade, and locking ring all need to be washed as well. Use warm soapy water and take care to watch the sharp edges of the blade. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Run the blender for stuck on items.
If your blender sat for awhile without being cleaned, you may have some dried stuck on food to contend with. To make it easier on yourself, mix a 1:1 ratio of baking soda and water, and run it through the assembled blender. Dump out the solution. Take apart the blender. Follow the steps above for washing the components.
- Clean the motor housing.
Wipe down the motor/base of the blender with a warm, damp cloth. Never submerge the motor/base in water. It is not safe to put in the dishwasher, either. A wipe-down is all it needs. Remember to wipe down the cord periodically and to check it for damage.
- Reassemble the blender and store.
If you use your blender often enough, store it on your countertop or in another easily accessible location. If your blender only makes it out for special occasions, store it in a less accessible place.
- A lot of blender lids come apart into two pieces. Make sure you check your owner's manual to see if yours does. Taking apart both pieces and cleaning separately will get any stuck on food in the crevices of the lid.
- Glass and plastic jar blenders can be etched and scratched by washing in the dishwasher. Hand washing is quick, and a preferable way to keep your blender clean and looking nice.
- Some more smelly foods can seem to linger in our blenders. Avoid this by not storing items in the blender. If you do have a smelly blender, blend a 1:1 ration of baking soda and water together in the blender. Then let the solution sit in the blender for 5-10 minutes, before washing normally.
What You Need
- Mild dish soap
- Sponge or dish rag
- Baking Soda (optional)
House Cleaning In Mesa, AZ 85201, 85202, 85203, 85204, 85205, 85206, 85207, 85208, 85209
Maid Services In Mesa, AZ 85201, 85202, 85203, 85204, 85205, 85206, 85207, 85208, 85209
Housekeeping In Mesa, AZ 85201, 85202, 85203, 85204, 85205, 85206, 85207, 85208, 85209
Residential House Cleaning In Mesa, AZ 85201, 85202, 85203, 85204, 85205, 85206, 85207, 85208, 85209