Flooring has become more and more popular in replacing carpeting to remove tough grime and spills as well as moisture retention. Wood, tile, linoleum and laminated flooring are also simple to maintain and clean... until soils build up. The job is done far more quickly when you retain the services of a competent cleaner. However, there’s a way to use the same tools, processes and secret guidelines as the experts.
For successful floor cleaning, you may consider the following 7 basic steps to maintaining the cleanliness of the flooring like an expert:
1.Select the right tools. You will need a broom with tapered bristles and wide coverage, machine washable mops and terry cloth bath towels or any absorbent and machine washable towel.
2. Use ergonomics. Sweeping, mopping and drying your flooring may lead to serious muscle pains. Utilize tools with handles of appropriate lengths (or adjustable handles) matching your height. Don't bend your back again - only bend your knees and extend your arms. If you want to get lower, kneel on a mat. You need to consider this for your comfort at work.
3. Start sweeping or vacuuming. This step is straightforward. Vacuuming, sweeping or dusting your floor just before mopping will get rid of existing dust, dirt and hair as well as to keep the mop water clean.
4. Mop with a multi-purpose solution. A multi-purpose solution doesn't just remove grime and dirt build up; it's going to sanitize your flooring getting rid of bacteria and pollens. If you are cleaning linoleum, laminated, hardwood or tile floors you can clean and deodorize without damage simply by using a multi-purpose and multi-surface solution and disinfectant.
• Dilute ¼ cup of solution to a 1 / 2 gallon of water and mop
• Refill your pail with clean water and your cleaning solution when the mop water gets unclean
• Keep a rag beneath your mop container to prevent scratches or discoloration
5. Remove scuffs and shoe marks. Remember to use a white, no scratch, soft wire mesh pad with your multi-purpose cleaner. Lightly rub the spot until it is removed.
6. Dry your floors. Experts dry freshly mopped floors with super-absorbent towels to remove left over dirt and particles and prevent hard water spots. It also help you from accidentally bringing in new dirt that can build grime and stay there until your next clean up day.
7. Add some shine. Prolong use of industrial floor shining products that contain wax will cause residue build up and can surely trap dirt. To make your floor have a sparkle look in a natural way, we suggest a mixture which you can apply directly to your floors. Use a spray bottle and clean with a dry mop or towel:
• 1 cup of water
• 1 cup of vinegar
• 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
You are now finished. Bear in mind to wash the tools you used so you can utilize it again next time. If you like the steps but hate the hassles, and intend to go beyond simple sweeping and mopping, consider hiring a real professional janitorial / maid service. Mari's Property Management & Cleaning Services LLC, Peoria, AZ is a trusted and trained cleaning professional in Peoria, AZ. Contact them now and experience a real clean home. Services include all types of cleaning and we also customize our services for our customer’s satisfaction!