Mari's Cleaning Services is proud to provide quality and affordable cleaning services in Peoria, AZ 85381 and throughout the valley. Let us pamper you so you have more time with family and friends you love!
Give Your Bathroom a Clean Makeover
By Sarah Aguirre, About.com Guide
Your medicine cabinet is overflowing. You can't remember what color the tile in your shower used to be. An invisible person wouldn't be able to recognize himself in your dingy mirror. Have hope. This intense cleaning how-to will get your bathroom back in shape and ready for whatever lies ahead.
Difficulty: Average Time Required: 45 minutes-1 hour
- Follow the 15 Minute Bathroom Cleanup.
This will get rid of trash and laundry, enabling you to deeply clean the room. Don't do the floors in the 15 minute cleanup. We'll do that in a later step.
- Dust down the ceiling and corners.
Consider if the walls in your home need to be washed. Check here for information on how to clean some wall surfaces. Dust and clean all wall art. Be careful when cleaning framed art and photographs. Never spray cleaner or water onto the frame. The liquid can seep behind the glass and damage the pictures. Instead light wet a clean cloth to wipe the frame and glass. Best Dusting Tools Dusting Tips Video: Cleaning Ceiling Vents
- Dust the vents and fans.
Dust the outside of vents and fans. You may need to use a gentle cleanser mixed with water and a cleaning cloth. Take down light fixtures and gently wash and dry them before replacing.
Take down draperies, curtains, blinds, etc, to wash or have cleaned according to the directions. Dust down any blinds and other window treatments. Dust down and wash windowsills and corners. Wash the inside and outsides of windows. Take down and rinse off screens, before replacing. How to Clean Curtains How to Clean Blinds How to Clean Drapes
Scrub the shower and tub. Don't forget fixtures. Launder or clean your shower curtain and replace the shower curtain liner. Clean shower doors. Dissolve soap scum buildup with commercial cleaner or natural cleaners. Do not use lemons and vinegar or other acidic cleansers on tile grout. The cleansers will eat away the grout. DIY Bathroom Cleaners
Scrub down the toilet. Do not forget the handle, crevices on the outside, and underneath.
Wash the inside and outside of the medicine cabinets, linen cabinets, etc. Now is a great time to take inventory of your linens and medicines. Throw out old outdated items and put them on a list to be purchased for replacement. Clean Out Medicine Cabinet
- Wash down the sink and fixtures. Don’t forget mirrors. Try using newspaper to clean and dry the mirror. It minimizes streaks. Clean a Sink Clean a Faucet
- Shake out bathroom rugs. Launder them and hang to dry.
- Sweep and mop the floor. One of the best ways to get a floor REALLY clean is to use a rag or towel while on your hands and knees. If this is not an option try going barefoot and scooting a large towel around the floor with your feet. It provides more contact and pressure with the floor. Press gently, and be careful and slow. Even though this is the last step, the floor is not the best place to rest. Sweep a Floor Mop a Floor
- Empty and wash out the trash can. Lining the trash can will save time when it needs to be emptied, and help keep it cleaner longer. You can buy small commercial trash sacks, or use leftover grocery sacks and help recycle. 4 Ways to Battle Trash Can Odors
- Prepare for guests. If the bathroom you have finished with will be a guest bedroom, replace the guest items to make your company feel at home.
- Make sure to leave the window open to ventilate the cleansers you will be using.
- If you like singing in the shower, try singing while cleaning it. It will help pass the time.
- If you're hard pressed for time to complete this, add one or two steps to your preparations of getting ready in the bathroom. Some can be completed while you wait for the shower to warm up, or the curling iron to heat.
What You Need
- Dust mop (preferably with a long handle)
- Cleaning cloths
- Small bucket with handle
- Sponges or stiff brush
- Cleansers of choice
- Broom and mop or towel
- Plastic sack to line trash can
House Cleaning Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Maid Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Housekeeping Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, House Cleaning Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Professional House Cleaning Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Professional Maid Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Professional Housekeeping Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Professional House Cleaning Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Residential House Cleaning in Peoria, AZ 85381, Residential Home Cleaning in Peoria, AZ 85381, Home Cleaning Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Home Cleaners in Peoria, AZ 85381, Residential Maid Services in Peoria, AZ 85381, Affordable Housekeeping in Peoria, AZ 85381, Affordable Maid Service in Peoria, AZ 85381, House Cleaning, Housekeeping, Maid Services, Cleaning, Peoria, Arizona, AZ, Home Cleaning, Home Cleaners