Quick Cleaning Solutions for Every Room
By Maria Shollen barger
Kitchen duty isn't easy. The main culprit: grease. Before you start combating it, move small appliances off the counters to ensure that bacteria (kitchen enemy No. 2) won't flourish underneath the toaster oven or the coffeemaker.
· Clean counter tops and the sink. Spray disinfectant in the sink and let it soak. "Otherwise the product won't have time to kill all the bacteria and viruses you're trying to remove," says Janice Stewart, owner of Castle Keepers, a professional cleaning service in Charleston, South Carolina. Meanwhile, spritz the counters with disinfectant. Then scrub the sink with a sponge, rinse well, and dry. Return to the counters and wipe dry with a fresh cotton or microfiber cloth.
· Sweep or dry-mop the floor. Make a pass using an electrostatic mop (like those from Swiffer) or cloth. This will pick up dirt and hair and make wet-mopping more efficient.
· Clean the refrigerator handle. It takes only seconds to wipe down this bacteria-friendly spot with disinfectant.
· Wet-mop the floor. A few spritzes of an all-purpose cleaner and a damp microfiber mop will do the trick. "You can finish the kitchen floor in minutes―with no dirty water bucket," says speed-cleaning expert Laura Dellutri.
· Wipe down appliances. Clean the surfaces of the gadgets.
· Wash the cabinet fronts. Wipe from top to bottom with a soft sponge and a solution of warm water and dish soap. If the cabinets are wood, use a wood cleanser.
· Deep-clean appliances. To freshen the refrigerator's interior, clean it with a solution of three tablespoons baking soda and four cups warm water. No self-cleaning oven? Wipe down the inside with an all-purpose cleanser. Use a plastic scraper (or an old credit card) to get bits of food off the racks and drip pan.
· Dust and de grime inside and out. Remove crumbs from inside cabinets with a vacuum attachment or a damp cloth.
Kitchen Cleaning Products
· Mr. Clean Antibacterial Multi-Surface Spray: "It decreases, cleans, shines glass and metal, and sanitizes surfaces without an overly harsh scent," says Laura Dellutri, the author of Speed Cleaning 101.To buy: $2.50 for 22 ounces, at drugstores.
· Weiman Cook Top Quick Wipes and Stainless Steel Wipes: These towelettes are made to clean and protect surfaces that traditional cleansing formulas can damage.To buy: $5 for 30 wipes.
· Casabella Magnet Mop: Thanks to a dense microfiber sponge head with a scrubbing nap, this pivoting mop is a great option for both those who keep eco-friendly households (it cleans well with just water) and those who want seriously sanitized floors (dampen it with an all-purpose cleaner). The removable, refillable head will last through at least 100 machine washes.
Residential Cleaning in Glendale, AZ 85310
House Cleaning in Glendale, AZ 85310
Clean Houses in Glendale, AZ 85310
Maid Services in Glendale, AZ 85310