1. Not using your exhaust fan enoughBe sure to flip the switch on for your exhaust fan before you get in the shower, and leave it running for 15 to 20 minutes afterward to remove moisture and help cut down on mildew. Don't have a fan? Opening a window works as well. You can also use a squeegee after each shower to remove lingering moisture.
2. Using one product as a catch-allIf you think using a disinfecting wipe on every surface is sufficient, think again. Each area of the bathroom deserves its own product. Use your favorite tub-and-tile spray cleaner on the shower tiles, sink basin, and tub, but save the spray glass cleaner for mirrors.
3. Only cleaning the obviously dirty parts of the toiletSure, we all know to clean the seat and the bowl, but what about the base? The exterior of your toilet can get just as germy and dusty as the interior. Be sure to clean the base, tank, and the lid. And don’t forget to disinfect the handle.
4. Putting the toilet brush right back in the holderWhen you plunk a still-wet toilet brush into its holder, it creates a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria. After cleaning the bowl, set the toilet brush across the seat, allowing it to drip into the bowl. Make sure the brush is completely dry before putting it back. To freshen up your current toilet bowl brush and holder, soak them in or spray them with an antibacterial cleaner, rinse, and wipe dry.
5. Not washing your shower curtain linerWhen you start to notice a cloudy residue buildup on your liner, you don’t have to toss it. Simply run it through your washing machine. Launder the liner, along with some old towels and a bit of bleach, with hot water on a delicate cycle. Tumble dry on low for a few minutes — just enough so you don’t leave a trail of water from the laundry room to the bathroom. To extend the shelf life of your liner, pull the curtain closed after you shower. A bunched up liner will quickly attract mold and mildew.
6. Forgetting the little thingsThink about all of the “touch points” in your bathroom — your racks and shelves, faucets, and handles need cleaned regularly. You can run bathroom accessories such as toothbrush holders and small shower racks through the dishwasher, but just replace loofas and kids bath toys over time rather than try to clean them.
Source: Cleaning Your Bathroom - Bathroom Cleaning Mistakes - Good Housekeeping
Maintaining a clean home requires a lot of time and diligence. Want us to take the project off of your hands? Call Mari's Property Management & Cleaning Services for a free quote! We do the job so your home is filled with more quality family time, and less dirt. We understand inviting a cleaning service into your home can be a difficult decision. That is why we are just as careful in selecting our cleaning technicians are you are in picking a professional cleaning company. Visit our website here to get to know us better! And don't forget to call us for your free quote! For the Phoenix Branch, call 623.266.9051. For the Tucson Branch, call 520.954.3352.